Hey you! Yes, you with the Wacom tablet! Are you a digital designer/artist? Do you love games? How’d you fancy joining us?
We (Team Cooper) are a small Sheffield based digital studio making branded browser based games and apps for a variety of businesses and media companies looking to promote their brand in fun and interesting ways.
We’re looking for a digital designer or game artist who can join our team and complement our current in-house skillset. Ideally, you’ll be a versatile, digital creative with a combination of UI/UX design and illustration skills.
While this is mainly a 2D art and design based role, any character design, animation, 3D modelling, digital audio/visual or creative writing skills you have might also come in handy.
We imagine this to be a mid-weight to senior role, but would consider someone earlier in their career who can demonstrate the right talent and attitude.
The successful candidate will play a large part in influencing the future standard of design within the company. You’ll be involved with a variety of projects, from initial concepts for pitches right through to designing the look and feel of all manner of fun digital things (mostly browser games).
You must have/be:
- Excellent Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator design skills
- Good user interface and interaction design skills
- Some character and/or environment illustration experience (Particularly in vector or pixel-art styles)
- Good composition and typographic skills with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work quickly and accurately (occasionally to bonkers deadlines)
- Self-motivated, with a positive and pro-active “can do” attitude towards your work
- A creative thinker – able to come up with appropriate solutions for conveying brand messages (or sometimes, downright bizarre game narratives)
- Have a portfolio demonstrating your best digital project / personal work to date
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- A love of games (casual, mobile & board based) and all things digital / internet related
With a dash of (or willingness to learn) some of the following:
- 2D Animation skills (e.g. Adobe Flash/Animate)
- Game design experience
- Music composition / Sound design
- Creative writing / copywriting
- 3D modelling (e.g. Blender)
- Motion graphics / Video for web
- Photography skills
- A well thought out plan for surviving the Zombie Apocalypse
Salary would be up to £30k, depending on experience.
This is a full-time role, but we’d also consider part-time applicants which may make it suitable for somebody looking to return to work following a maternity/paternity break or an existing freelancer looking for some regular income.
We can offer flexible working hours, company pension scheme and a friendly, modern working environment.
To apply, please send us a portfolio of your work along with an email introducing yourself (Your work history, education, hobbies, plans for the future, or whatever you feel relevant) and describing why you feel you are suitably qualified to fill this role.
If you have any questions in the meantime, please feel free to call/email or simply comment below this post.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE!!!
Applications/questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Note: We are unable to arrange international work visas)