[Last Updated: 31st August 2017]
Are you a creative programmer? Love games? Have you coded a few of your own (either for work or for fun)?
We are a small Sheffield based digital studio making browser based games and apps for a variety of businesses and media companies wanting to promote their brand in fun and interesting ways.
We’re looking for a programmer to join our team and assist with our expanding workload. Ideally you’ll be an experienced browser game developer, but we would consider applications from developers of all levels providing you have the right attitude and appropriate experience.
This is a varied role which will have you working closely with existing team members on a range of games deployed to different platforms. You’ll be involved in all stages of the development process, from conception and prototyping phases through to final delivery.
As well as HTML5 games, you’ll be working with a range of web and mobile technologies as the need arises, developing your programming skills within a modern, friendly work environment. We (currently) write our games in HAXE coupled with PHP/MySQL for the back end. Some experience with these or a keen willingness to learn, is therefore essential.
The ideal candidate will:
- Love coding and have a passion for games and web technologies in general
- Be able to demonstrate a portfolio of their work, personal or academic projects
- Enjoy problem solving and be able to supply creative technical solutions to meet the requirements of creative, game-based projects
- Be enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Possess good written and verbal communication skills with an eye for detail
You will also be able to demonstrate experience (either professional, academic or personal) with most of the following:
- Backend systems & databases (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP, Node, NGINX)
- Web markup (HTML, XML, CSS)
- Basic undestanding of Adobe Photoshop / Illustrator / Animate
- OOP methodologies and design patterns
- Source control (SVN, GIT, etc)
Plus experience with the following would also be advantageous:
- Game Engines (Unity, Phaser, OpenFL)
- Programming languages (C++, Objective-C, Java)
- Configuring hardware systems (Simple web servers, networking)
- A good understanding of 3D math and 2D physics
- Physical Computing / Hardware hacking (Raspberry Pi / Arduino)
- Basic Audio / Video editing
Salary variable dependent on experience.
We can offer flexible working hours, company pension scheme and a friendly, modern working environment.
How to apply:
Please send us your CV, portfolio and a cover letter stating your salary expectations and describing why you feel you’d be a good fit for this role.
If you have any further questions about the role in the meantime, please feel free to call/email us.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE!!!
T: 0114 399 1011