Team Cooper is a growing Sheffield based digital studio currently producing our own browser based games and supplying multimedia development services to a wide variety of businesses and media companies. We love creating fun, online interactive experiences like games, micro-sites and social media applications and we are looking for an equally enthusiastic artist/illustrator/digital designer to help with our increasing workload.
In particular, we are interested in candidates with experience creating characters, GUI designs, and isometric environments in either vector or pixelart styles.
This is a varied role and you will be working on a range of internal and client projects.
You will preferably have some games illustration experience but we will also consider hiring somebody with less experience providing you have the right skills and/or attitude.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- A self motivated and pro-active attitude towards their working practices
- A proficiency in Adobe Illustrator / Photoshop
- Ability to demonstrate a passion for design, illustration and web technologies
- An understanding of good UX design
- A portfolio of work demonstrating a variety of styles
- Keen to learn (and help others to learn) new skills
- Good communication skills
For the client work we do, you will also need an understanding of the need to keep strictly within brand guidelines, have an eye for detail and the creative flexibility to meet the needs of each client brief.
Also desirable (But not essential) would be:
- Adobe Flash / Fireworks
- 2D Animation
- 3D Modelling (e.g. 3DS Max / Maya / Blender)
- Basic coding skills (e.g. ActionScript / HTML)
- A well thought out plan for surviving Zombie Apocalypse
You’ll also be expected to get actively involved in adding your own ideas and experience to our existing in house projects as well as those planned for the future.
As our games illustrator, you will be responsible for:
- Producing graphics and artwork to our standards
- Creating the look and feel of our productions
- Character design / Environment design / GUI design
- Creating initial concepts for pitches
Salary is dependent on experience.
We offer flexible working hours, a friendly team to work with and a nice modern working environment (We are based in the Electric Works building, part of the Sheffield digital campus).
To apply, please email your CV and link to your portfolio to .