Hey you! Yes, you with the Wacom tablet! Looking for a new role this year? How’d you fancy joining us?
Having survived the Mayan apocalypse, we realised it’s about time we took on an extra digital designer to complement our existing in-house design talent.
We build digital amusements* for a range of international clients so we’re looking for someone who is digital through and through. You’ll have a wide range of experience designing interfaces for a variety of audiences and brands with UX considerations in mind.
We are not looking for a graphic designer who has done a bit of web, nor are we looking for a web coder who wants to focus on design. What we ideally need is a versatile, digital creative and while this is primarily a design based role, any illustration, 3D modelling or other digital audio/visual skills you have would come in very handy.
This is a mid-weight to senior role and the successful candidate will play a large part in influencing the future standard of digital design within the company. You’ll be involved throughout a variety of projects, from initial concepts for pitches right through to designing the look and feel of all manner of fun digital things such as Flash games, Facebook apps or HTML5 content for mobile devices.
You’ll get to work in a shiny office environment with a lovely scenic view including the bus station (We’re based in the Electric Works, part of Sheffield’s Digital Campus). You’ll also get to work with a team of nice people on interesting projects for organisations like the BBC, Nickelodeon, BSkyB and Topps with semi-flexible working hours**.
We have strong relationships with Game Republic, Yorkshire’s indie scene (GA-MA-YO, SHINDIG) and as a part of Sheffield’s flourishing digital community, this is an opportunity to play a big part in the continued growth of a small but dynamic digital amusements agency.
Does this sound like you?
- Excellent Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator design skills
- Good UX and interaction design skills
- Strong composition and typographic skills with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work quickly and accurately to tight deadlines
- Self motivated, with a positive and pro-active attitude towards your work
- Have a portfolio demonstrating your best digital project / personal work to date
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Loves games and the web
Possibly with a dash of the following?
- Experience creating UI for games aimed at young audiences
- 2D Animation skills (Using Flash)
- Character and/or Environment Illustration skills (Particularly in vector or pixel-art styles)
- 3D modelling (e.g. Blender)
- Motion graphics / Video for web
- Photography skills
- Basic coding skills (e.g. ActionScript / HTML)
- Music composition / Sound design
- A well thought out plan for surviving the upcoming Zombie Apocalypse
Salary is negotiable dependant on experience.
To apply, please email your CV with link to your portfolio and cover letter stating your salary expectations to Tim at: .
No agencies please!***
Closing date for applications is the 11th February 2013.
We are unable to arrange international work visas.
*Digital amusements are games and other fun interactive digital things that we build to enable brands to engage with consumers. We don’t do websites.
**Generally we like everyone to be in the office at 9am for our daily stand-up meets, but if you want to do more hours on Tuesday so you can free up time on Wednesday afternoon to go to your offspring’s school play or work on your LARP costume, we are usually cool with that.
***The last time we posted a job advert, we wrote ‘no agencies please’ and then had an office sweep-stake to see how long it would be before an agency ignored our request and called us anyway. I won, but was it a wholesome win? No. It was not. So, to re-iterate: NO AGENCIES PLEASE! NO AGENCIES PLEASE! NO AGENCIES PLEASE!